To make our puppy learn his name and come when we call him Houston dog behaviorist, we must follow the following steps:
- Have a treat or treat on hand for the puppy.
- Move 1 or 2 meters away. Call him by his name followed by “come here.”
- Be affectionate with your words to create positive encouragement.
- Once he gets to where he is, offer him the treat.
- Repeat this exercise for 10 minutes.
We must repeat it for several days, and we will see how the dog will learn to recognize its name and respond when we call it. Remember not to exceed 10 minutes of training a day. This way we won’t tire out our puppy.