We have found several studies that show that by performing actions such as the ones presented below, you can improve your testosterone levels and take advantage of its many benefits such as improving muscle growth, controlling fat levels or improving your sexual function testosterone boosting foods.
- In the gym, do hard exercises. Every time you go to the gym, you must include exercises that involve several muscle groups. Studies have shown that squats, bench press or pull-ups increase testosterone in greater proportion than doing the typical bicep or tricep curl, even though the effort may seem the same.
- Before going to bed, eat some nuts. We recommend you before going to sleep, eat a handful of nuts. Several studies have shown that men who ate diets rich in monounsaturated fats had the highest levels of testosterone. It is not known why this happens, but some scientists believe that this type of fat has a direct effect on the testes.
- Perform exercises with a lot of weight. Studies have shown that with intensities around 90% of 1RM and a moderate volume, it is possible to increase the levels of this hormone. So, to increase it, perform different exercises of three to six repetitions per series.
- Do not drink alcohol. Drunks will kill your testosterone levels. It is proven that with reasonable amounts of alcohol in blood, testosterone levels can be reduced by 20% -25%. In addition, it produces a conversion of androgens to estrogens, which can cause in some cases, gynecomastia in men.
- Have a sandwich or a piece of fruit always at hand. It is proven that skipping meals or being long periods without eating can cause your hormone levels to plummet. Try to eat every four hours and always have something healthy to eat with you and of course, very important, do not skip any of the five or six meals a day.
- To sleep like dormice. Sleeping less than seven or eight hours each night can ruin your biological rhythm and consequently cause a decrease in testosterone levels. So, if your work schedule or your social life keeps you in a state of perpetual jet lag, do not be surprised if your strength levels decline. Therefore, do your best to have a restful sleep of at least seven hours.