The fingernail represents (nebacetin carne esponjosa) 6% of the medical consultations. An investigation published in the Journal of Physical Biology, affirms that the shape of the nails is altered the cut and the file, which causes that they are more prone to incarnate in the skin or to grow irregularly and painfully.
Prepared by the School of Veterinary Medicine and Science, the research indicates that the nail is a structure that is composed of several layers, which have an adhesion to the skin around him.
This situation, natural, causes that when cutting the nail in curved form and not straight, the buried nail originates. Since its growth is altered (deformed) and the accumulation of dead cells contribute to the same problem.
To treat them, here we give you 4 tips with information from the National Library of Medicine.
- Soak your foot in warm water 3 to 4 times a day if possible. The rest of the time, keep the toe dry.
- Massage gently on inflamed skin.
- Place a small piece of cotton or dental floss under the nail. Wet the cotton with water or antiseptic.
- Use a clean, sharp nail clipper.
- Trim the toenails straight along the tip. Do not try to cut the buried part of your nail, as this will only make the problem worse.
The buried nail is characterized by intense pain in the lateral aspect of the nail (of one or both sides), the discomfort increases to the pressure and is accompanied by redness and temperature. Remember that this problem cannot be missed, as there may be risks of developing infections. Beware!